Our firm has focused on criminal defence since we first opened and it continues to be a cornerstone of our business. Our solicitors have handled thousands of criminal cases from the most routine road traffic matters to the most serious crimes of violence. We know how to evaluate the strength of a prosecution case and prepare an effective trial defence or mitigation strategy whatever your circumstances. Every day our solicitors appear in courts all over Northern Ireland and are able to assist with criminal charges in the Republic of Ireland.
Our staff is trained to understand the stress that a criminal charge or accusation places on both the individual and his or her family. We will work with you and your support network to get you through the criminal process and out the other end with as little anguish as possible.
We are familiar with all criminal charges brought by the police in Northern Ireland and the Republic. We can help if you are accused of:
- Road traffic offences including speeding, dangerous driving, driving without a license or insurance and driving while unfit
- Harassment and domestic offenses, including breach of Non-Molestation Orders
- Public order offenses, including criminal damage and disorderly behaviour
- Perverting the course of justice
- Theft offences relating to any value of property including burglary, receiving stolen goods, financial crimes or fraud
- Any offense related to the possession, misuse, or supply of any class of drug
- Environment and farming offences
- All assault offences including common assault, assault on police, assault occasioning actual bodily harm and assault causing grievous bodily injury
- All sexual offences including rape, sexual assault, indecent behaviour and possession of indecent images
If you have been charged with an offense or otherwise accused, call us! We do not charge for an initial consultation and we will help you secure Legal Aid.
Never go to the police station alone! We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help you. A criminal defence solicitor can always be reached on our call out line on 07884005148.
You are entitled to Legal Aid assistance at the police station, no matter your financial situation. Bring one of John Fahy’s experienced solicitors with you to get your defence started out on the right foot! The outcome of your case can be determined by how your initial interview goes. Let one of our skilled solicitors use their years of experience to assess the police evidence, discuss your defence and ensure that your version of events is presented in the most effective way possible.
Our solicitors know the ins and outs of the Police and Criminal Evidence Order and its Codes of Practice. We will guide you through the often overwhelming and stressful police station experience and make sure your rights are respected and you receive the treatment you are entitled to.
You have the right to have help dealing with the police. Say nothing until you have talked to Fahy’s!